At Bergen Associates, we are committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with the EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) version 25/05/2018.
- Who we are;
- When and why we collect your data;
- How we collect information;
- About cookies;
- About beacons;
- About email disclaimers;
- How to delete, suspend or unsubscribe from your account;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to object;
- Make changes to your data;
- How to request your personal data;
- How to transfer your data;
- Collection of personal information;
- What type of information is collected;
- How we protect your personal information; and
- Breaches in security
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
- Sign up with us;
- Interact with us either in person, or via;
○ Phone calls;
○ Our website and social media platforms; and
■ Please note that you can change your settings on your computer to reject
cookies, but this may change how Bergen Associates services function.
We can only share your data with third party sources like business partners or sponsors, if you give us your express consent.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA
Below is a list of why we collect data, these may include:
- Marketing communications which you have requested on our sign up pages or from your updated profile, this includes information about Bergen Associates’:
○ Products and services;
○ Events and promotions;
○ Promotions of our associated partners’ services.
Please note these marketing communications are subscription based and require your consent; and/or products and services that you have purchased from us
- Perform direct sales based on a reply to a ‘Contact me’ or other web forms that were completed on one of our Bergen Associates sites or emails;
- Provide access and services related to our services.
- Provide access to our Customer Support portal when you request assistance;
- Perform contractual obligations like:
○ Order confirmations;
○ Notify you about any disruptions to our services; and/or
○ Process a job application
- Follow-ups on incoming requests from:
○ Customer support;
○ Chats; and/or
○ Phone calls
- Direct marketing;
- Help resolve any disputes, collecting fees, and carrying out
- Improve our services and website; and
- Conduct surveys for the purpose of market research
We also collect data about:
- Partners; and
- Persons seeking a job or working in our company
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Bergen Associates stores your personal data for as long as necessary, in order to fulfill its purpose.
How long your data is stored depends on:
- How long it takes to answer your queries;
- Resolve any issues;
- Comply with legal requirements under applicable law systems; and/or
- Resolve any legal claims and/or complaints
Your data will be stored for a reasonable amount of time after your last interaction with our company. When your personal data is no longer required, it shall be deleted in a secure manner. If we process your data for statistical purposes, all data provided will be anonymous.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information through several different ways. One of these ways is through cookies and beacons.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are little pieces of data that are stored by your browsers when you go on any website. A cookie helps your browser to remember if you have visited a website before, for example entering in login details or faster loading speeds when you reopen the tab. If you don’t want cookies to be enabled, you can specify in your browser to disable them.
HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES
Depending on what device you use to browse on the internet, you can specify that you want to stop “Cookie Tracking”.
Here is how to disable cookies on different browsers
When I disable cookies will I still get advertisements?
Yes, even when you disable cookies you can still receive advertisements from other sites. The only difference is that any advertisement you see if not based on your personal interest or preference.
ABOUT COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
- To view how our users interact on our pages;
- To track certain demographics about our users that are relevant for market research purposes;
- To display appropriate content that users have expressed an interest in; and
- To collect information about users reactions to certain adverts. This is also done through
the use of Atlas pixel to help measure conversion rates and help us market to the right users.
WHEN DO COOKIES NOT NEED CONSENT TO COLLECT INFORMATION
A cookie does not need consent if it is used to:
- Communicate with our company; or
- Provide a service or product;
- Transfer information needed for our services or products;
- If cookies are used to:
○ Track you when you fill on online forms, purchases or track user input;
○ Authenticate you are a legal user that can log into our system;
○ Store technical data with multimedia cookies that allow playbacks from video or
other audio formats;
○ Secure user security cookies to ensure that no authentication abuse has occured;
○ Customize your language preferences or font styles; and
○ Share third party plug in content for those who are logged into our system
HOW ARE COOKIES STORED?
There are three ways to store cookies.
- On our web server which helps store cookie data from the webpage, you load on either your phone/tablet/computer;
- On an external web server that manages files and stores cookies; and
HOW LONG DO WE STORE COOKIE DATA?
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
Cookies can be divided into two different types according to:
- Lifespan; and
Lifespan cookies are either:
- A session cookie, which means that when you close your browser the information is removed; and
- A persistent cookie, which means that the cookie data remains on the device you used to go online with
Domain cookies are either;
- First party cookies which are automatically set by the web server and have the same domain; or
- Third party cookies, which are stored on a different domain to the visited webpage
What is a beacon?
A beacon is also known as a:
- Web Beacons (‘Website Navigational Information’);
- Web bugs;
- Pixel tags; or
- Clear GIFs
Helps collects data when you interact with a website. The web beacon looks like a transparent graphic image that is normally no larger than a 1×1 pixel. It can be placed on a website or an email to help monitor how a user interacts with a certain page.
CAN A BEACON TRACK ME PERSONALLY?
No, a Beacon does not identify you or your personal accounts or information. It just helps to show how many people have visited a website over a certain period of time.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES A BEACON COLLECT?
The Website Navigation Information records information like:
- Browser type;
- Browser language;
- IP address; and
- Your interactions with the website
WHY IS THIS INFORMATION COLLECTED?
All information that you give us express consent to collect is used to:
- Research market trends;
- Improve our services, products and website for our users; and
- Discover if there is any suspicious activity on our sites that can harm our user’s security
CAN I DISABLE BEACONS?
All content within any information communicated between you and our company via email is confidential and intended only for the recipient. Any sharing of this content with a third party must be first approved by the recipient with their express consent. If you receive an email from our company by mistake, please reply to us to confirm this error. Then kindly delete the email from your inbox. Privacy You will only receive emails communication through our company if you have expressly specified to. All information that is communicated between you the user and our company will be kept confidential, unless said information is required for the processing of your case. Should your information need to be shared with third parties, your express consent is required in order to continue with your case. If you did not expressly sign up to be part of our mailing list, you can change your account setting to help manage your personal data.
We always aim to ensure that your emails and their attachments are free from viruses. Unfortunately we cannot always ensure that messages are error or virus free, have not been corrupted and/or intercepted by third parties. Please always ensure that any emails or attachments you receive are scanned with appropriate software. Please note that we do not accept any liability for damages caused by, or inflicted through the sending or receiving of information between the user and our company. Should a breach in your sensitive information occur, you will be contacted within 72 hours of the event by a communication channel you have approved.
DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT
You have the option to delete your account, should you want to be removed from our information database. You can do this by requesting to have your account deleted. For more details on this process, contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com
SUSPEND MY ACCOUNT
If you just wish to suspend your account, you may opt out of receiving contact from us through firstname.lastname@example.org Your information will be deleted after a set amount of time from our database.
If you wish to unsubscribe from our site, you can use any of the unsubscribe links in our contact media, for example:
- emails unsubscribe links; or
- SMS opt-outs
If you have any issues unsubscribing, you can contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com to discontinue your subscription. All your personal information in our database will be stored for a set period of time before it is permanently deleted from our system.
RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING
At any time, from signing up with our website, you have the right to restrict your processing with our company. If you have any trouble with this aspect, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only with your express consent can our Account Managers or company contact you via:
- Phone call; and/or
Any information you store with us will remain in our database for a set period of time before it is deleted. Your personal information will not be used at any time during this period.
RIGHT TO OBJECT
This also includes the right to restrict processing as a potential client of Bergen Associates. Your information will not be used for direct marketing, if you specify on our sign up section or if you update your account to reflect this.
MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR DATA
You have the right to make changes to your account for any of the following reasons:
- Legal name change;
- Status or title change (marriage, Doctorate);
- Deleting your account;
- Suspending your account;
○ Contact details;
○ Personal information; and/or
○ Incorrect information
HOW TO REQUEST YOUR PERSONAL DATA
HOW TO TRANSFER YOUR DATA
Should you choose to transfer your personal data from our server to another service provider, you can request this information from our Privacy Officer at csr@Bergen Associates. This information will be sent to you in a commonly used and machine-readable format.
WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLY WITH YOUR CONSENT
When you interact with our website or services, there will be a collection of personal data that can only be collected when you give us consent. This information is documented with “Consent Forms”, which allow us to store information that you give us consent to store. All consented information will be stored and documented in our system for a set period of time. Please note that this does not apply for public platforms that you have commented, posted or interacted with. Specifically the comment section on our website, and other social media platforms.
WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM OUR CONTRACTS
Bergen Associates collects and uses personal information when we fulfill our obligations relating to
our contracts and/or services for our:
- Suppliers; and
COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA BASED ON LEGITIMATE INTEREST
We will only use your personal information for legitimate interests. This is established through, legal data collections, where both Bergen Associates and the interested party have come to an agreement about the personal data involved. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose of collecting personal data.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
Bergen Associates collects personal data like:
- Phone numbers;
- Country of Birth;
- Date of Birth;
- Language preference;
- Email address;
- Employment details like:
○ Employer’s name
○ Job description
○ Years of experience
- Education details like:
○ Level of education;
○ Language abilities in English and French
- Please note we may also collect feedback via:
○ comments and questions received from you in service-related communication
■ Phone calls;
■ Documents; and/or
- We may also collect IP information from our website, emails and other forms of interaction
between you and our company;
- If you upload photos, videos, add posts or comments on our website or social media platforms, this information can be read by anyone with access to these sites. Therefore, Bergen Associates is not responsible for any information you supply on these platforms;
- If you apply for a job at Bergen Associates, your data will be collected during the application process for a set period of time.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Credit details: Any online purchase you make with your credit card is secured through our state of the art Secure Socket Layers (SSL). Bergen Associates offers mediators like Paypal and Giropay, as alternative methods of payment. Please note that when any information is transmitted over the Internet, there is always a certain amount of risk.
Your personal details are protected through our advanced firewall system. We make sure that your data is protected from:
- Unlawful alterations;
- Destruction; and/or
- Accidental loss
Breach of sensitive data
We try to ensure that any risk to sensitive information is minimalized. Should a breach of sensitive data happen, you will be informed within 72 hours of the event, either through:
- Website message; or by
- Phone call
Security on other linked sites Bergen Associates provides links to many different sites. If you click on these links, you will be directed to other websites and/or social media platforms. Please note that these websites have their own privacy protection notices. We advise you to read the notice provided by each of these websites, because they may differ from our own.